Packing a bowl can be a little intimidating. If it’s your first time, you might be confused about how to do it correctly. Luckily, optimizing your smoking experience is pretty simple. Here are three helpful tips for packing and smoking your first bowl to guide you through it.
Adding Heat: Everything You’ll Need to Smoke Your First Bowl
The first and most obvious thing you need to get started is a cannabis pipe. Many new cannabis users like to start with “spoons:” basic pipes that are small, inexpensive and relatively easy to use. However, a pipe of any size or material will work.
You also need some way of heating up the bowl to smoke it. Most opt for lighters. The better the lighter, the more you’ll be able to control the heating of your bowl, so keep that in mind. Although less common, some like to light their bowls with hemp wick. This waxy hemp string can burn a little more evenly than a lighter. The upside of this method is that you won’t get the unpleasant aftertaste that can sometimes occur with butane lighters. Matches aren’t recommended, as they’ll add a sulfur flavor that’s even worse than butane.
You might also choose to use a grinder, although this is optional.
Lastly, you’ll need your favorite cannabis to pack in your bowl.
Setting It Up: How to Pack a Bowl
- Use your grinder or your hands to break up your weed loosely – you don’t want it to be too fine, just enough so that it’s broken down into pieces.
- Add your cannabis to the bowl. Try and pack it lighter at the bottom and more densely toward the top – this prevents chunks from passing through the pipe when you inhale.
- Grab your flame, inhale through the pipe and enjoy your high.
The Fun Part: Lighting and Smoking Your Pipe
There are a few keywords to know when it comes to smoking a bowl. We’ve broken them down for you below.
- Cornering – when you light only a small part of the bowl, that’s called “cornering.” Cornering is good for when you’re sharing a pipe among a group since it makes sure everyone gets a chance to get a fresh hit.
- Cherried – When a bowl is still smoking after a hit, it looks like a red cherry, earning it the name “cherried.” Don’t waste that smoke; pass it to a friend or take another inhale to keep the “cherry” going.
- Putting it Out – Most wait until the cherry goes out by itself, but if you do want to put out the bowl, carefully cup your hand over the holes of the pipe to extinguish it.
Whether you’re new to smoking marijuana or you’ve been a fan for decades, Lucky Farms’ marijuana home delivery service is the best way to access premium cannabis to use in your pipe. We’ll bring your favorite organic marijuana right to your door, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy your high. Our knowledgeable team is available daily from noon to 10 p.m. to process deliveries and help you find the perfect strain. Call us at (714) 888-5150 or contact us online today and see why SoCal loves Lucky Farms!